Wednesday 29 May 2013

What a Week!

It's been a busy little bit....as busy as one can be when not working that is.  We had family pics on Sunday.  Bubbs was a total ham so I cannot wait to get edits back from the photographer.  The tie onesie was a success on him, if I do say so myself.  He even managed to hold back all of the spits until we were done, it just doesn't get better than that.

I started my log cabin sewing class.  I might have a bit of a quilting crush on the instructor.  She is amazing and I learned so much in the first 3 hours.  I am so excited for the rest of the classes and the deliciousness that this quilt will be when I am done.  Between now and and finished there is just a whole lot more cutting and sewing to occur.

This is just a little preview of the different pieces chopped up so far.


I also decided to try to fix the wonkiness of my first City Sampler block.  These pieces are just so tiny. SO TINY!  I'm pretty sure that I am going to need to embrace a little bit of wonky.  I know that this quilt is going to be finding it's home with us and I think that my husband will just have to love the "character" that is displayed.  So even though it is still a bit off, it is so much better.  I credit all of the amazing tips that I learned in the first session of the log cabin class.

I still need to square it up but other than that it get rewarded the most improved.

On top of the quilting, I have been playing around with the Etsy shop and trying to learn a bit about how artists are successful using that format.  It is interesting and for some very intense. I have listed a few new things so feel free to check them out at the shop.  I especially like this pillow.  I am a sucker for all things safari themed.

I am thinking that in the next week or so I will be putting some finishing touches on some new collages.  Who loves turtles?

No comments:

Post a Comment