Tuesday 21 May 2013

I thought I knew how to use my sewing machine.

So I started the City Sampler quilt this week...I completed block one.  I will be redoing block one.  Who knew that piecing 20 tiny bits of fabric in a 6.5 inch by 6.5 inch square could be so irritating.  I really like how the colors I selected worked out but I can't handle the wonkiness of the not so straight lines.  It looks like the right side wants to collapse in on itself.  Not a win.  I need some serious practice with the 1/4 inch seam.

To make myself feel better I made some more pillows and a new giraffe collage.
Super excited about how the giraffes worked out on the smaller canvas.  Check out the etsy shop to see the pillows.  I love the Summerville collection and used my left over fat quarters from the little guys nursery projects.


I still have the tie onesie to make and that has to happen before family pics on Sunday.  Nothing says fancy like a fake tie sewn to a baby wife beater.

No comments:

Post a Comment