Thursday 23 May 2013

Crafting win! Take that sewing machine.

Since I felt like throwing my sewing machine off of the balcony earlier this week I decided to return to projects that don't require needle and thread, just until some of the angst wears off.  I finally got around to making the tie onesie and it has to be about one of the cutest things that I have ever seen.  I could have also done a zig zag stitch around the tie, but I like the current look and steam a seam doesn't allow the appliqued fabric to fray so it is a win.  I can't wait to see the little guy in this for pics on Sunday!

So cute I can't handle it!  I love that all of the fabrics have a vintage old man feel, particularly the plaid.  I hope that the little guy does the forehead wrinkle that makes him look like he is 102 while he is wearing one of these bad boys.

The adorableness of this also gave me the confidence to head back to the sewing machine and knock out a couple of more pillows.  I was super creative and made a matching set.  I was not initially in love with the pattern on the front...it came in a scrap pack that I bought to make a quilt for my mom.  That said, I love it with the light blue back and feel like it looks very springish.

Next step is to revisit block one from the City Sampler....and I may have found a little tool to help me out.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment