Tuesday 9 July 2013

Recovering from Vacation

We did a 5 night whirlwind Michigan visit last week.  So much fun hanging out with friends and family that we get to see far too little of.  The bubs also seems to have made some big strides in hating his car seat less.  There was only one major melt down, and I like to believe that it was because of construction.  He hates it those orange barrels just as much as everyone else.  As great as it was to spend time with everyone the adjustment back home has been rocky.  The first couple of nights back in the crib he decided he could sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.  Not ideal.  It has settled down a bit and I have gotten back to working on all things crafty.

Before we left I finished up some standard pillow cases for a friend.  They were a custom request because she loved one of the fabrics I used in the log cabin quilt.  These were super fun to sew up and I love that they go so well with her bedding and decor.




I also starting working on a couple of I Spy quilts.  There was a pile of fabric waiting for me at my mom's because I am too cheap to pay for shipping to Canada.  I washed it up as soon as we got home and am in the process of cutting it up.  I put a a design wall on my giant closet door and have been having some fun playing around with the arrangement of the blocks.  More pictures of those to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment